We are always looking for motivated students who are interested in multi-disciplinary works to bring experimental and quantitative biology together. The PI is affiliated with three degree granting programs in Michigan State:
In addition, the PI is also affiliated with two inter-departmental programs that require affiliation with one of the above programs:
- The Ecology, Evolutionary Biology, & Behavior Program
- The Quantitative Biology & Modeling Initiative
If you are interested in working in our lab, please apply to one of the above graduate programs and state your interest in our research program. If you want to know more about what we do, please contact the PI (shius at msu dot edu) for research experience or rotation.
We are always interested in hiring qualified student for hourly position (10-20 hours per week, $7-12 per hour, rate depending on experiences and qualifications). Job responsibilities include writing data parser and database programming. Undergraduate (including freshman) and graduate students are both welcome to apply, but the following qualifications are desired:
- Experience in python or perl programming.
- Taken basic statistics courses.
Applicants should provide the following information in one file and send it to shius at msu dot edu:
- CV that includes:
- Contact info, particularly email.
- Your personal interests in research
- Names, affiliations, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of 1-2 professional references, preferably faculty/staff in MSU.