From Shiu Lab
Module 1: Unix and programming
The goal of this module is to provide information on:
- An overall introduction to the course.
- What UNIX is and how to navigate in the UNX environment.
- A tutorial of basic python programming.
- A refresher of basic statistics and using R
The materials are delivered over four weeks in seven 1.5hr sessions. For each session, there is a corresponding exercise to go through.
- Week 1
- Course introduction
- UNIX basics
- Week 2
- Python programming 1. Variable, expression, and statements.
- Python programming 2. String manipulation, function, and conditionals.
- Week 3
- Python programming 3. I/O, control loop, and list.
- Week 4
- Python programming 4. Error handling and dictionary.
- Basic statistics and R.
Module 2: "Classical" bioinformatics
Module 3: Omics data analysis